- Anyone involved with any aspect of specialist contracts, sub contracts or supply contracts, particularly sales, project management, contract managers, supervisors, senior managers and directors, project administrators and finance managers.
Duration and Price
- 1 day £199 + VAT. Book online using the forms below.
- For group bookings, please contact Andy Redfern on 01283 512535.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a clear understanding of the legal background to claims
- Learn how to identify and assess the different types of claims including incoming, outgoing, real and spurious (false) claims.
- Real life examples and advice with particular reference to specialist construction works
- Gain an understanding of the most common causes of disputes, contractual mugging and how to avoid them
- Be able to identify when adjudication would be a cost effective means of formal dispute resolution
- Understand how to refer disputes to an adjudication and how to respond to one launched against your company
- Develop a good reference guide to adjudication
- How adjudication works using practical examples and workshops to develop and apply theory • Providing the knowledge and means to pursue good claims and defend against spurious claims
- How to protect your company’s interests
- How to recognise and receive your company’s entitlements
- How to deal with spurious claims and other types of contractual, commercial or financial abuse
- How to minimise and, where necessary, deal with disputes
- Good practice for the production of valid claims
- Breach of contract
- Scope of damages
- Mitigation of loss
- Quantification of damages and performance penalties
- Direct loss and/or expense
- Money claims and Extension of time claims
- Set off
- Resisting spurious claims
- Presenting valid claims
- Resolving disputes: contractual and legal remedies
- So what is adjudication?
- What are the requirements of the Act?
- “An insightful look at claims, how they occur and ways to both avoid and resolve them. Highly recommended.”
- “I am so pleased we came on this course as only a week later we needed to put our learning into practice! The understanding and advice given ensured we resolved the claim quickly and with minimum impact on the business.”
What People Say About Us
“Andy has provided exceptional support to key staff at Glazing Vision. His knowledge and interaction with our team has improved our commercial competence and confidence here at Glazing Vision. Furthermore his support in offering advice on complex contracts has been invaluable, I sleep a lot easier at night having Andy’s expertise to call upon.”
“We work with RCC under a Commercial Support Agreement. It allows our staff to spend their valuable time on what they’re best at and if we don’t spend all the budget we get a credit. Win/win. Even if you’re not sure whether you need it, give them a call and have a chat.”
“Having RCC’s knowledge and skills at hand has been invaluable when working through our contracts. Highly recommended!”