Effective Cost, Value & Subcontract Management
- Managing the value and costs of specialist construction work including the procurement and management of subcontracting.
- Any personnel involved with any direct responsibility for procurement, management and payment of sub-contractors plus any aspect of contractual entitlements to payment, especially project, contract and operations managers, commercial personnel, credit control & finance department, administration personnel.
Duration and Price
- 1 day: £199 + VAT per person. Book online using the forms below.
- For group bookings, please contact Andy Redfern on 01283 512535.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a concise, detailed and practical review of the key aspects of managing the costs of specialist construction work
- Particular emphasis on the issues surrounding effective value management and control of costs
- Develop a clear and practical understanding of how to manage the day to day control of costs
- Gain practical advice on how to implement good commercial practice to maximise recovery of entitlements and realistic forecasting
- Understand the key contractual aspects of subcontract procurement
- Guide to commercial practice of procuring and managing subcontract accounts
- Establish how to ensure the subcontract scope of works is correct and the necessary legal and contractual elements are included
- Learn how to manage the subcontract costs and variations in line with your contract
- Contract value
- Monitoring and forecasting costs
- Labour resourcing, allocation and monitoring
- Variation recovery and forecasting
- Good commercial practice for cost and value forecasting and recovery
- Establishing the subcontract scope of work
- Preparation, sending and evaluation of tender enquiries
- Subcontract terms and conditions
- Clarifications and exclusions
- Management of subcontract progress and programme
- Management of subcontract variations
- Subcontract final account
- “Such a useful course – I wish I’d been on it much earlier in my career!”
- “We send all our new project managers on this course as it gives an in-depth grounding on all the contractual roles and responsibilities needed to safeguard our company and employees.”
What People Say About Us
“Andy has provided exceptional support to key staff at Glazing Vision. His knowledge and interaction with our team has improved our commercial competence and confidence here at Glazing Vision. Furthermore his support in offering advice on complex contracts has been invaluable, I sleep a lot easier at night having Andy’s expertise to call upon.”
“We work with RCC under a Commercial Support Agreement. It allows our staff to spend their valuable time on what they’re best at and if we don’t spend all the budget we get a credit. Win/win. Even if you’re not sure whether you need it, give them a call and have a chat.”
“Having RCC’s knowledge and skills at hand has been invaluable when working through our contracts. Highly recommended!”