- How to get what you are entitled to, paid on time.
- Any personnel involved with any aspect of contractual entitlements to payment, such as; project / contract / operations managers, commercial personnel, credit control & finance department, administration personnel.
Duration and Price
- 1 day: £199 + VAT per person. Book online using the form below
- For group bookings, please contact Andy Redfern on 01283 512535.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a clear, detailed and practical review of the issues surrounding payment for work carried out under contracts and subcontracts
- Understand how the payment system operates – make the Construction Act work for you
- Covers contract terms and conditions, applications, valuations,payments. retentions and contra charges
- Obtain practical advice on how to implement good commercial practice to avoid payment delays and ensure you receive what payments you are entitled to, when you are entitled to them
- Already delivered to companies such as; Lloret Controls, Acorn Integrated Systems, Matrix Controls Systems and Crown House Enterprise Solutions
- The contract value
- Contract terms
- Understanding the contract
- Fixing key dates
- Establishing a payment cycle and process to manage
- Applications for payment and schedules of rates
- Establishing what you are due
- Detail and content
- What can you do if you don’t agree with a customer’s valuation?
- Valuation of sub contract work & sub contract certification
- Payment provisions of the Housing Grants Construction & Regeneration Act 1998 and as updated by The Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- What to do if you don’t get paid
- Remedies for payment default
- Statutory interest on late payments under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
- “An excellent course providing vital information to subcontractors such as ourselves. I wish I had been on this course much earlier!”
- “Since the course we have a more effective credit control system that means our cash flow is in a much better position. Thank you!”
- “This course really opened our eyes to how the payment system works and what we can do to ensure payments are made to our advantage. We are in much better control of payments and by monitoring them closely means we are getting a better percentage of payments on time plus interest on those that are late.
What People Say About Us
“Andy has provided exceptional support to key staff at Glazing Vision. His knowledge and interaction with our team has improved our commercial competence and confidence here at Glazing Vision. Furthermore his support in offering advice on complex contracts has been invaluable, I sleep a lot easier at night having Andy’s expertise to call upon.”
“We work with RCC under a Commercial Support Agreement. It allows our staff to spend their valuable time on what they’re best at and if we don’t spend all the budget we get a credit. Win/win. Even if you’re not sure whether you need it, give them a call and have a chat.”
“Having RCC’s knowledge and skills at hand has been invaluable when working through our contracts. Highly recommended!”