Using NEC Contracts: What You Need to Know
- All you need to know about the operational, contractual and commercial implications of using NEC contracts.
- Any personnel involved with any contractual, commercial or payment aspects of NEC suite of contracts – for example, sales personnel, project managers, contract managers and administrators, site supervisors, finance managers, senior managers and directors.
Duration and Price
- 1 day: £199 + VAT per person. Book online using the form below.
- For group bookings, please contact Andy Redfern on 01283 512535.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the key operational and contractual aspects of working under a NEC form of contract
- Understand the different types of NEC Contracts and when to use them
- Appreciate the commercial implications of how a project under NEC contract terms is sold and managed
- Receive guidance on the core clauses and the different options defined in the contracts
- Determine how to give the correct cost considerations when pricing an NEC contract
- Learn how to ensure risks are distributed fairly to sub-contractors
- A background to NEC
- How the fundamental ethos of a NEC contract differs from traditional contracts
- The different types of NEC contract
- The Main Option Clauses
- The contract data
- The Accepted Programme
- Early warnings and the Risk Register
- Compensation events
- “A really useful course. Great to have a clear and concise view of this very different type of contract”
- “I would highly recommend this course. I’m putting the learning into practice every day!”