Effective Cost, Value & Subcontract Management
- Managing the value and costs of specialist construction work including the procurement and management of subcontracting.
- Any personnel involved with any direct responsibility for procurement, management and payment of sub-contractors plus any aspect of contractual entitlements to payment, especially project, contract and operations managers, commercial personnel, credit control & finance department, administration personnel.
Duration and Price
- 1 day: £199 + VAT per person. Book online using the forms below.
- For group bookings, please contact Andy Redfern on 01283 512535.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a concise, detailed and practical review of the key aspects of managing the costs of specialist construction work
- Particular emphasis on the issues surrounding effective value management and control of costs
- Develop a clear and practical understanding of how to manage the day to day control of costs
- Gain practical advice on how to implement good commercial practice to maximise recovery of entitlements and realistic forecasting
- Understand the key contractual aspects of subcontract procurement
- Guide to commercial practice of procuring and managing subcontract accounts
- Establish how to ensure the subcontract scope of works is correct and the necessary legal and contractual elements are included
- Learn how to manage the subcontract costs and variations in line with your contract
- Contract value
- Monitoring and forecasting costs
- Labour resourcing, allocation and monitoring
- Variation recovery and forecasting
- Good commercial practice for cost and value forecasting and recovery
- Establishing the subcontract scope of work
- Preparation, sending and evaluation of tender enquiries
- Subcontract terms and conditions
- Clarifications and exclusions
- Management of subcontract progress and programme
- Management of subcontract variations
- Subcontract final account
- “Such a useful course – I wish I’d been on it much earlier in my career!”
- “We send all our new project managers on this course as it gives an in-depth grounding on all the contractual roles and responsibilities needed to safeguard our company and employees.”